The mosque is located in Garghabazar village of Fuzuli district.
Popularly known as Shah Abbas Mosque among the people, this mosque was described in scientific literature as Haji Qiyaseddin Mosque. Because the door of the mosque bears an inscription as “This mosque was constructed by Haji Qiyaseddin, the kind creature of Great Allah, in Hegira 1095”. This date corresponds to AD 1683-1684.
The mosque is built on a rocky hill in the center of the village. The caravanserai, built in the same period, is located to the south of the hill. The architectural analysis of the construction of the caravanserai and the mosque suggests that both monuments were built by the same architect.
After the occupation of Fuzuli district by the Armenian armed forces in 1993, the mosque was destroyed.