Eligibility criteria for candidates for membership in the Public Council under the Ministry of Culture of the Republic of Azerbaijan and their registration procedure
Eligibility criteria for candidates
-Any capable citizen of the Republic of Azerbaijan, aged 16 or above, having high moral and ethical qualities, along with expertise or knowledge in the cultural domain, is eligible for nomination as a member of the Public Council.
- Each civil society institution can nominate only one candidate for membership in the Public Council.
- Employees of the Ministry of Culture of the Republic of Azerbaijan are not eligible for nomination to the Public Council.
Registration of candidates
The submission of the following documents is required for a candidate's registration to be considered:
1. Application to nominate a candidate for the Public Council membership (including phone number and e-mail address);
2. A copy of the candidate's identity card;
3. Candidate's biography;
4. If the candidate is a member of a civil society institution, a copy of the document certifying his/her membership;
5. A copy of a document, such as a work record book or other supporting records, that certifies the candidate's experience or knowledge in the cultural domain.
Other documents containing comprehensive information about the candidate can be attached to the application.
2. Acceptance and review of documents
The Election Commission handles the registration of candidates and voters.
To complete the registration process, electronic copies of the required documents must be sent to the email address firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further information regarding the elections, please contact the Ministry's hotline at 147.
The deadline for submitting registration documents is June 25, 2023, at 18:00.
We would like to highlight that the Public Council under the Ministry of Culture will consist of nine members.
To obtain a sample registration application, please click on the following link:
Sample application (in Azerbaijani)