The Ministry of Culture and the Teatro.az art portal announced the acceptance of performances to the Second “4.4 Festival of Short Plays” in order to revive the national theater process and encourage theater artists to new creative initiatives.
Co-organized by the Culture Ministry and Teatro.az, the festival's second edition is dedicated to the Year of Shusha in Azerbaijan.
By the decrees of the President of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev, the city of Shusha has been declared the cultural capital of Azerbaijan, and 2022 as the "Year of Shusha". Shusha as the crown of Karabakh, has a special place in our history and has an exceptional moral value for the people of Azerbaijan. The liberation of Shusha by the victorious Azerbaijani Army was the culmination of the 44-day war.
In contrast to the first festival, which took place in November of the last year, the second "4.4 Short Plays Festival" is intended to present performances not online, but live.
The festival will feature theatrical productions, workshops, and panel discussions which will serve to eliminate the stagnation in the theater environment, to revive the process, and to promote and develop theater art.
There is no genre restriction and the topic is free.
Winners will be determined by theater professionals (jury)
• 1st place: 5000 AZN
• 2nd Place: 3000 AZN
• 3rd Place: 1500 AZN
Note: For each location will be selected 1 winner
Conditions of Admission:
1. In addition to state and municipal theaters, private theater collectives and independent artists can also participate in the festival.
2. Citizens of Azerbaijan Republic and all persons with a permanent residence in the country, can participate in the competition.
3. A collective or an artist can apply to the competition with only one performance.
4. Only new plays are accepted to the festival.
5. There is no genre restriction.
6. The duration of the plays should not exceed 44 minutes.
7. Participants must submit the trailer of the performances and the application form to the organizing committee.
8. Those wishing to take part in the project should send materials to the e-mail email@example.com until October 15.
Note: Materials sent after the deadline (October 15, 2022) and not meet the technical requirements will not be accepted for the competition.
9. The organizing committee reserves the right to select the performances presented to the festival and draw up the competition program.
10. List of materials and documents to be submitted:
• 720p and higher image quality 30-60 second trailer in a MP4 format,
•General shot of the performance in MP4 format, 720p and higher image quality
• 3-5 photos from the performance (photos must be at least 300 dpi, larger than 3 MB and in jpeg format).
• Copy of responsible person's ID card (PDF).
• Rider of the show.
Note: Trailers of performances must be sent on a DVD disc, external storage device, or via the Internet (using e-mail, wetransfer, filelmail, googledrive and other file sharing platforms).
Contact: +994 50 6602025